Sunday, June 1, 2008

Irony


Divinity... religious sentences used before 'popping a cap in someone's ass'.

I was attracted to this one by Robert Oppenheimer, the man credited as the father of the atomic bomb.

He famously quoted this statement from the Bhagavat Gita

"If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the mighty one. Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."


This kinda rolled back memories to the days of Pulp Fiction. Yes, one of the finest movies made, that many people would never understand but just regard as a good movie because its not fun being a renegade now is it?:)
ah yes, conformity. but before we go there, lets take a look at Samuel L Jackson's Punch phrase quoted from the Bible
Jules: There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

Jules: I been sayin' that shit for years. And if you ever heard it, it meant your ass. I never really questioned what it meant. I thought it was just a cold-blooded thing to say to a motherfucker before you popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some shit this mornin' made me think twice. Now I'm thinkin': it could mean you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. .45 here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or it could be you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that shit ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin, Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.



This is actually not directly from Ezekiel 25:17 and in fact, only the last sentence and part of the second last sentence will be found in Psalm 23

1 A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the LORD Forever
yes i actually checked it up.

Anyway, to all you no-brainers out there, this is what you tell your friends if you ever do wanna know the real meaning behind it:)


Jules repeats this line twice in the movie. Once before he actually kills this white guy, whose name i can't recall. And the second time to Tim Roth at the Diner. See amidst all the killings, (as he is a hired hitman) Jules realizes what his quoted phrase actually means at the end. That a Shepard, is one that has the ability to resist, not the power to overwhelm. It is in running with my first post up, If you're kickass you dont ever brag about doing your best. You just do what you do as always and snicker at the sight of the self esteem building sad people that surround you. And amidst it all, you seem like a total 'bum'. Well the specific person reading this will know where that came from:).
So fear what lies in the dark, for Dark may not be a metaphor for unknown, but rather something that cannot be understood just yet. In man's need to understand the dark, the ability to make light(fire) was discovered. Going along those lines, 'Don't Judge something/someone while its in the dark, for he/she/it may be a form of this 'Shepard'.

Oh yes, Quentin meant this. As he did in Reservoir Dogs. Mr Orange actually kills an innocent woman. For those who're blank, Mr Orange was once again Tim Roth, as the undercover cop amongst the thieves. See he had abhorred such deeds, but having been with the group, he became 'institutionalized'. This term i coined from Morgan Freeman (Red) in The Shawshank Redemption. It's something that happens to many people without them actually taking notice.

Take note of this analogy.

You can either be a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean.

as a carrot your hard on the outside, but after you've been boiled, you soften up. You're institutionalized. I reserve this category for the bad-ass wannabe's of a society.

as an egg, you remain the same on the outside but when you've been boiled something inside you changes. You become numb and carefree to society. Now this category is where most people i know fall in. some crack on the way and spew their insides in the boiling water. some crack but hold it in. But in general most people are in this category, as they change as they face adversities.

and lastly there is the coffee bean. you're rich, you have colour and you have aroma. and in hot water, you change the water. you let the water know you're there. you make a name for yourself. you could care less bout what the other particles in the water think, for in the end, they all wish they were you. They become part of you, and not you part of them. for once the water is gone, the coffee remains. the very glass its in gets stained as well. Now very few people fall here. People who refuse to conform to the norm. people who challenge the norm. those who go against the odds. i mean one coffee bean, a whole glass of water. and my humble plea to those of you here in this category is to not become like tea bags and lose that much of you each time you're dipped in hot water, instead, keep colouring all the adversities or hot water pots you see with your characteristics that make you the coffee bean.

Haha, you spineless ones are feeling the pinch now aren't you. Told you I'd get the pretenders.
thats all for me today:) and I'm sorry for the late update.


and speaking of Irony, check this next picture out. No offence intended...just found it amusing:)

3 comments:

anakairbatu said...

LOL...love the pic..

~Satvinder~

Unknown said...

Machiavellian.

I was introduced to your website by a friend of mine at work. We're quite impressed with the way you blog. Keep up the good work and you will have a cult following.

-jacktheripper-

eproxxx said...

you have a point there!!!