Friday, October 17, 2008

abusus non tollit usum

I apologize on my tardiness, it has been awhile since my last post. I was busy mourning the demise of my old laptop, Ritchie Blackmore, who served me through 4 eventful years. Even on his deathbed, Ritchie Blackmore provided me hope that a big part of him could be salvaged, and so it was:) Taking his place would be Saul Hudson, a newer much more advanced looking dude, but with the same passion for his work. Anyway, I sent out a mail to 6 different people requesting their take on a song that had stuck in my mind for quite some time now. I know certain people may call this another emo post, but as they say, if rock is poetry, rockers were in the age of the romantics. Ah yes, ballads, like Still Loving You by Scorpions and Always by Bon Jovi pay tribute to what I mean. It is almost impossible to not bust a vein and see images of that one person whose every strand of hair is visible to you because you cherish every perfect inch of her, each time you blink. I for one feel that lyricists these days have lost that passion that made you feel you were right there singing that song to that person. It felt like a phoenix had laid a flaming egg in your laps as it slowly burnt your flesh away, but pain was but a feeling, and one that wasn't deep enough to invoke a response as your mind had caught the gaze of a ''butterfly'' perched on a rose. Serenity and beauty embedded in the deepest and strongest of emotions, intertwined with anger and sheer tenacity, to provide you a ballad that once played daily on national radio. Back to the purpose of my post, i sent a song called Nymphetamine to 6 different people to get their insights on what it probably meant to them, and i got none back! But one particular person told me to inform her once i put my anthology online. Initially i felt this song was just about a wild erotic sexual fantasy of Dani Filth along with a few syringes of stimulants to keep him potent throughout the ordeal. But, I chose to take a best case scenario. Now I know the person I'm implying in this song is going to read this, I hope you love it. Nymphetamine is a portmanteau, a crossbreed of 2 words, Nymph and amphetamine. Now someone told me it was a cross between a nymphomaniac and amphetamine as stated in wikipedia, but like I said, this is my take on this song. Nymph, the luscious daughters of Poseiden, blessed with beauty so astounding, Poseiden himself was said to have fallen in love with them. Remaining faithful to their father, the nymphs never left his vast oceans and thus like their mythical legendary beauty, the sands of time set upon their tales, putting their unfathomable beauty to rest. Amphetamine, a recreational drug, probably the best known drug in the modern era, the cheapest and by far the most potent hallucinogen possible for RM6 a pill. The reason for its widespread use, its cheap production cost and simple ingredients, which include ammonium nitrate- used in home made bombs as well as fertilizer. Together nymphetamine refers to a girl of beauty so astounding, she becomes and addiction that burns and dehydrates you to the point of death, without knowing it. My metaphors here should not be misconstrued, for it is the beholder that places this beauty in such high order, so much so she becomes to die for. Nymphetamine
Lead to the river
Midsummer, I waved

A "V" of black swans
On with hope to the grave
And though Red September
With skies fire-paved
I begged you appear
Like a thorn for the holy ones

- the first verse, sang by the angelic Liv Kristine draws attention to a person who saw a different side of this person. She moves to a river, in a day midsummer, where bad omens surrounded her as she approached her destination. The reference to black swans here is remarkable. A swan, arguably the most graceful animal to roam earth, a bird of renown beauty. A black swan, rare in comparison to the white swans, sharing the same magnitude of grace but a more mystified sense of beauty. Such beauty that only draws the staunchest of admirers. An animal constantly compared to its white counterpart, although its beauty is immense in its own unique way. She waits patiently for him, like a thorn, as it causes her immense pain as she waits, but a thorn from a holy one, one she has faith in, pain she's willing to bear.


Cold was my soul
Untold was the pain
I faced when you left me
A rose in the rain....
So I swore to the razor
That never, enchained
Would your dark nails of faith
Be pushed through my veins again

He explains how he felt once curtains came between him and his dove, as he shunned the world, keeping to himself, a lover amidst an unforgiving world, weighing down upon him, forcing him to bend over.
And he unshackles himself from her grasps, and he laments that his passionate addiction for her shall stop, hence the reference to veins.

Bared on your tomb
I'm a prayer for your loneliness
And would you ever soon
Come above onto me?
For once upon a time
From the binds of your lowliness
I could always find the right slot for your sacred key
- Here she tries to convince him that she is the answer, she is the ''prayer for his loneliness'' she is his antidote, and she begs him to once again passionately love her. There is a hint of eroticism here, for I feel that the right slot and sacred key refer to conjugal tools. However a smaller part of me wishes to believe that there is a double meaning to it, she feels that she has the strengths to lift him from his lowliness as well as say and do what he needs to hear and feel. She wishes to remind him to turn back the clock to feel the passion that engulfs them in a forbidden past to which many references are made.


Six feet deep is the incision
In my heart, that barless prison
Discoulours all with tunnel vision

Sunsetter...
Nymphetamine

Sick and weak from my condition
This lust, this vampyric addiction
To Her alone in full submission

None better...
Nymphetamine
- above is the chorus. Probably the most telling part of the song. 6 ft deep, would refer to death, and the incision would signify a person who practices self mutilation. He has killed himself inside, emotionally void of feelings, a painful untimely death, leaving his physical aspect a walking carcass that rots by the day.

and in his heart he feels he is trapped, for deep down inside, there is but a love he cannot deny. There is but a feeling he cannot leave behind, and try as he may, the multitude of feelings he still has for her is worthy of admiration. Discolours all with tunnel vision- i've always told this one person that she doesn't just put a smile to my face, but she adds colours to my dull colourless world, she is the sugar to my tea, and she is who she is because when I am with her, the Garden of Eden is once again the setting for our lives. Tunnel vision, darkness in all aspects apart from what lies in front. To Concentrate solely on her, and to not take heed of the rest of the world. I once told her, that she is beautiful because when she is in my gaze, the rest of the world blends into the background and my starry eyes only pay homage to her visage and nothing else.

Sunsetter, a harbringer of darkness, one who takes away all happiness- this said in utter bitterness. He is powerless as a result of this, a deep sense of hopelessness and restlessness. Yet it is only to her he place homage, as he offers himself to her. He admits that at times he feels that the sole purpose he lives is to be submissive to her every demand as his love is so boundless.

Nymphetamine, Nymphetamine...
Nymphetamine girl.

Nymphetamine, Nymphetamine...
My Nymphetamine girl.

Wicked with your charm
I'm circled like prey
Back in the forest
Were whispers persuade
More sugar trails
More white lady laid
Than pillars of salt...
(keeping Sodom at at bay)
- a whispering voice sings this verse, of how he harbours ill thoughts of her, and he is lost in these thoughts- back in the forest- and at the same time he recalls sweeter memories that she provided, and this outshone the ill-thoughts of her. trails of sugar that outweighed pillars of salt, such was the sincerity of his love to her.

Fold to my arms
Hold their mesmeric sway
And dance her to the moon
As we did in those golden days
-this verse, he calls for her back recalling their happier more memorable moments

Glistening stars
I remember the way
We were needle and spoon
Mislaid in the burning hay
-she explains that they complemented each other. Needle and spoon here are references to Intra venous drug usage, where crystalized meth is first melted in a spoon before intravenously administered. She explains how they make a good pair as they had so much incommon- that he probably never knew. I also believe that at this part she convinces him that she knows the spoon shieded the needle from the meth, as the syringe would likely melt in such heat. hence she acknowledges the burns that he encountered so she could get on with life.


Bared on your tomb
I'm a prayer for your loneliness
And would you ever soon
Come above onto me?
For once upon a time
From the bind of your holiness
I could always find the right slot for your sacred key

Six feet deep is the incision
In my heart, that barless prison
Discoulours all with tunnel vision

Sunsetter...
Nymphetamine

Sick and weak from my condition
This lust, this vampyric addiction
To Her alone in full submission

None better...
Nymphetamine

Nymphetamine, Nymphetamine...
Nymphetamine girl.

Nymphetamine, Nymphetamine...
My Nymphetamine girl.

And the song continues. A tragic tale of passion and love, from a lover who cannot express himself, to one who fails to understand what her guy goes through in his silence, that she
doesn't skip his mind not for an instant.

Anyway it's getting late, and to those 6 preferiti, please give me your inputs.
thank you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back dude

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being apart of my life. I Love You loads.

Anonymous said...

Fuyoooo.. someone got admirer ehh.. not bad =p

Machiavellian said...

somehow i have a feeling i know who this anonymous person is la!! Wait till your exams are over.. I'm so gonna get you

Anonymous said...

bro why so emo la. why your blog become a love confession ready!

Anonymous said...

szbdei machiavelli.. your chick damn panas sialll.. damn hott