Monday, November 3, 2008

aut viam inveniam aut faciam ( I'll either find a way or make one )






Dance of Death by Steve Harris & Janick Gers

Let me tell you a story to chill the bones
About a thing that I saw
One night wandering in the everglades
I'd one drink but no more

I was rambling, enjoying the bright moonlight
Gazing up at the stars
Not aware of a presence so near to me
Watching my every move

Feeling scared and I fell to my knees
As something rushed me from the trees
Took me to an unholy place
And that is where I fell from grace

Then they summoned me over to join in with them
To the dance of the dead
Into the circle of fire I followed them
Into the middle I was led

As if time had stopped still I was numb with fear
But still I wanted to go
And the blaze of the fire did no hurt upon me
As I walked onto the coals

And I felt I was in a trance
And my spirit was lifted from me
And if only someone had the chance
To witness what happened to me

And I danced and I tranced and I sang with them
All had death in their eyes
Lifeless figures they were undead all of them
They had ascended from hell

As I danced with the dead
My free spirit was laughing and howling down at me
Below my undead body
Just danced the circle of dead

Until the time came to reunite us both
My spirit came back down to me
I didn't know if I was alive or dead
As the others all joined in with me

By luck then a skirmish started
And took the attention away from me
When they took their gaze from me
Was the moment that I fled

I ran like hell faster than the wind
But behind I did not glance
One thing that I did not dare
Was to look just straight ahead

When you know that your time has come around
You know you'll be prepared for it
Say your last goodbyes to everyone
Drink and say a prayer for it

When you're lying in your sleep, when you're lying in your bed
And you wake from your dreams to go dancing with the dead
When you're lying in your sleep, when you're lying in your bed
And you wake from your dreams to go dancing with the dead

To this day I guess I'll never know
Just why they let me go
But I'll never go dancing no more
'Till I dance with the dead


Not that my post has anything to do with the above, but I happened to be listening to it as i was typing this post..
Amidst the chaotic nature of my week, and no there is no ''oh shit i didn't study this week''  in this story. Chaos in my life involves actual things that matter rather than the reflection of some lecture notes that seem to have engulfed the minds of many people i meet today. A very appropriate Latin saying follows - 
parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus 
Mountains will be in labour, and an ridiculous mouse will be born 
(all that work and nothing to show for it) 

No offence to those who work hard, its just i applaud the effort, because i could never sit down and stare at some guided words whilst repeating them to myself continuously for the next hour or so. Anthony for one has always accused me of being like many others, the type that deny studying, whereas he forgets that i actually take pride in studying when I do. But then again, a wayward young soul like him would not understand. At this point in time, there is so much more to look at. 

As i embrace my very own secret garden, I'll let the butterfly of my choice in. I shall lay the most awe-striking flowers in her path and gently caress her wings as I choose to ignore the brightly coloured petals of the flora around me. Instead I choose to embed the sight of her wings, the symmetrical colours and arrangements that will be imprinted in my cortex as I embark on newer frontiers in the land of the Highlander. But in this secret garden, she'll always have a presence in my life, my comfort zone, my zen. 

One person commented my posts were getting too emotional and at points too metaphorical to understand, and my personal reply to you is that it serves as a morse code, on which everyone will read and have some understanding of, but only she will know exactly what it means. As Jimi Hendrix's The Wind Cries Mary plays on my iTunes, i take a step back to think about the smaller things in life that matter to me. A slice of Gion Kyoto bread, Some pitted prunes by my side, A bag of black-currants in my fridge and Ronnie James Dio nibbling the cage and trying to find a way out. 


Yes today i reflect on myself and I think who the hell am I kidding. I'm a lil annoyed with a few people. Mainly this joker that wears white headphones and walks with his nuts pressing against his Wrangler's. Phoney, Samsung MP3 Players don't require Ipod Headphones to work man. and most of all, buy yourself a new pair of pants. Pull them up to your waist, cos we all hate men without asses. Last but not least, if you're a fucking sissy, then stop using your bearded chin as in involucrum to cover the sequestrum that is your detrimental self esteem. 
1 down. I took a pot shot at a loudmouth today. Brainless loudmouth always seeks strength in numbers of his feeble counterparts. A pack of rats can bring down even an elephant they say. Well he managed to anger the Emu, but the Lion roars strong. As the Panther mentioned, he vocabulary was exhausted before I even got my boxing gloves on. So he left with a frown typical of one who admits defeat. To the 21 year old Emu, I got your back, don't you worry. If its a battle of wits they want, then bring on the gauntlet and watch Connor Macleod demonstrate how the flight or fight response works. I fight, you flight. And there are no 2 ways about it.

I have spoken, and my ego is now at rest. 
''I am immortal.i have inside me blood of kings. I have no rival.no man can be my equal. Take me to the future of your world.'' - Freddie Mercury ( who later died of AIDS)

No comments: